Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, September 12, 2014

1 hr. trying to trim and fit the composite end caps on the elevator.  I fear I may have over-trimmed the one I was working on.  I don't know how far out they are supposed to stick out from the elevator, so that makes it difficult to know how to trim them.

Before trimming (note how flattened the end is, which would clearly not fit in the sharp trailing edge):

After I trimmed it by filing the end to be more pointed (that was not enough to get it to fit in the trailing edge of the elevator) and then clipping off the corner.  Did I cut too much?  I really would like guidance from the factory on how much it should stick out and how to trim it to achieve that spec.  Also why was the original end cap (much shallower) not correct?  I think I cut too much off and will need one new end cap...
 

How the elevator will fit into the HS:



No comments:

Post a Comment