Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, January 17, 2015

3.5 hrs. final rivets on ailerons and completed the right flap.

3 holes drilled into the aileron tube for each aileron.

The ailerons are done and hung up!

The flap ribs lined up next to the right flap skin.

Like Gordon I found one of the flap ribs had one hole without a matching hole in the skin.  It's the hole closest to the leading edge.

To drill the hole I cleco'ed the rib all the way down...

You can see the missing hole in this inside view.

Used my tight-fit angle drill attachment to drill it out.  I used a slightly small drill bit and then used my #30 chucking reamer bit to finish the hole.

Bottom all cleco'ed up.

Last view in the flap before I close it for good.

Top all cleco'ed.

And it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment