Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

2 hrs. misc.

Ordered some heavier angle material.  6' of 1 x 1 x .062 and 2' of 3/4 x 3/4 x .062.

The 3/4" material I'll use for making a new, more robust, strike plate for the luggage door lock as some other builders have done.  Drilled out 4 rivets in prep.  There are multiple layers of material and I didn't have an appropriately long and skinny marking instrument to mark off where the holes in the strike plate will go, so I put the rest of this install off for another day.

Since I got new mandrels for my rivnut puller I figured I'd complete putting in the M4 rivnuts for the COM mounting plate.

Time to work on getting this piece done.  Putting an M4 rivnut behind that open hole, so I put some screws into the sides to make sure it's positioned properly.

Some duct tape to catch the filings and I drilled out the hole to fit an M4 rivnut.

Two rivets in and the rivnut installed.

Now to work on the two holes at the front of the piece.  Those holes will have to be widened a bit to line up with the M4 rivnuts in the center console.  To be continued tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment