Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, December 19, 2022

I don't have any pictures, but I wanted to pass along how my last flight went.  This was the first flight since installing the preheater and the back seat seal and both worked like a champ.

The day was quite cold (upper 20sF (about -2.7C)), so I had turned on the preheater the night before.  On startup, the oil temp was almost instantly about 90F and ran smoothly from the first crank.  My experience on prior cold starts was that it would run pretty roughly for the first few minutes.  Not this time at all.  Smooth as silk.

Up in the air, I found the cabin quite comfortably warm.  That's never happened before on cold days.  The draft from the back seat was quite strong and as far as I could tell from the front seat, that was totally gone.

Big wins for winter flying!


No comments:

Post a Comment