Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, June 14, 2015

1 hr. playing with Skin 1 on the bottom of the right wing and starting prep of the fuel tank parts.

As I mentioned in my last post the rivet lines on the main spar didn't seem to line up, so I un-cleco'ed all of skin 1 to see if I could get things lined up.  No Joy...  No matter how I slid it around there was no way the two rivet lines were going to line up.  This was the closest I could get them and it's clear something is wrong...  The skin holes are about 48mm on center.  The spar holes are close to 52mm on center.  4mm difference seems to me a bridge too far.  So, either the skin is wrong or the spar (hope not).

Zoomed out view to see where I was measuring.  Right bottom wing skin 1 near the root.

No comments:

Post a Comment