Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, September 26, 2015

2. 5 hrs riveting wing ribs to the spars!  Then spent .5 hrs cleaning up my workspace.

Starting to rivet the ribs to the rear spar!  Yay!  Finally!!  Notice I'm leaving open holes for the rear support channel.

One of the ribs didn't have holes where the the attachment connector did (top and bottom).  Used my trusty tight-fit tools angle drill attachment to get in there.

The assembly for the landing lights - assembled and attached!  Notice I left one hole open where the rib attaches to the main spar.  Those holes weren't well aligned so the holes in the spar were somewhat elongated.  With that slightly weakened attachment I decided to drill out one hole to put in a 4.8mm rivet instead of the 4mm rivet for added strength.  I did this for another rib too.

The backside of a rib after I enlarged the hole and riveted the 4.8mm rivet.  2nd from the top.

My cleaned up workspace.  Makes me happy (and more efficient) when my workspace is clean and organized.  :-)

All the ribs are riveted except the step ribs...

NEXT SESSION:
  1. Rivet the step ribs
  2. Rivet the rear support channel to the rear spar.

No comments:

Post a Comment