Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, September 9, 2017

2 hrs. re-ding the rudder springs, working on parachute box and searching for a part...

M5 washer in place and the hook part crimped a bit to wrap around the bolt better.

And back in place.  I'll leave the other end unconnected for now because you need to do that later when you're adjusting the rudder rigging.

One of the pictures in the manual I could see that this cutout of the parachute box has edge grommet, so I put it on mine.

The latest manual shows that I needed to cut this opening in the parachute box large and put on edge grommet.

Marked and ready for cutting with my...

...favorite snips, Andy Snips.  You can get them here: http://amzn.to/2wQGpd7

Cut and filed.

And edged with grommet.

Thinking about installing my luggage floor, I went to look for the small angle bracket that goes under the floor (one on each side)....  I'm pretty sure I had them on the left side of my workbench for several months, waiting to be used.  Went to look...  Gone.  I searched high and low, but they seem to have gotten up and walked away. :-(.

2 comments: