Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, September 23, 2017

3.5 hrs. on misc. things.

This rivet on the firewall has been bugging me for awhile...  It needed to be replaced because it didn't sit flat.  Eh, it took all of 30 seconds to remove it...

Now to make sure the new rivet sits flat I used my wedge thingy...

Much better!

Time to put the upholstery on the seats...  With the protective tape removed from the velcro I placed the seat and peeled it off with the seat side sticking.

Nice!

Here's what the bottom looks like with some of the tape removed.

 Time to put in the boots for the rudder pushrods.  I want to get this done before putting the interior skins on (you'll see what I mean lower down).

The manual says to put the boot material between the gasket and the firewall, but there's no way to do that without gluing the leather onto the gasket (IMHO).

So time to get the Barge glue out...  Put it on the gasket and the leather where they mate.

Difficult to get the cuts to exactly match up with the gasket holes, but close enough (I was going to just ream it out anyway).

Nice.

Time to rivet them to the firewall.

Done!

These are the skins I was talking about.  It would have been difficult (if not impossible) to put those gaskets in if the skins were already riveted.  The manual is not clear about this.

I also wanted to get soundproofing in there before committing the skins.

And it's all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment