Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Still too cold to work in there, but I did take a quick look at the channel pass-through for the elevator pushrod.

You can kind of see (I can feel it) that the pushrod rubs up against the metal channel and not the plastic that it should.  This is not acceptable since the grease which must be applied will just get scraped off.

The plan: I'll de-rivet the plastic piece, move it away and file down the aluminum enough so that it will never touch the pushrod, only the plastic.  I'll also round-off the plastic a bit so that there's less friction (and scraping action) with the greased pushrod.  Note that the factory has redesigned this channel pass-through so this isn't an issue with newer kits.

If you haven't checked, I've extensively updated my Task List to reflect my plan to get the top rear skins on as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment