Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, January 29, 2018

1.5 hrs. partially re-cleco'ing the top skin and working on the luggage door assembly.

Since the top line (join of two top skins) of rivets was way off I decided to try and un-cleco down the ribs part way and see if I can coax the join together.  Un-cleco'ing will give me some wiggle room to try and get them together.

I looked for the holes that were the closest together and started there.  A good start!

Looking up through the inspection port on the bottom of the fuselage to make sure I was cleco'ing to the longeron at the join.  Looks good!

Making my way up....  Way better than yesterday!  This pic shows the cleco's every other hole, but for most of the way I was doing every hole to help coax them together.

Working my way back was tougher and required putting in several cleco's at an angle and literally pushing and shaking to get the skins closer.  Ultimately I couldn't go any further because doing that started to warp one of the skins.  So, the last several holes I will drill out, up-size and perhaps add some additional large rivets for strength.

Looking in through the back to check the connections with the longeron and they look good.

Here's the big picture view.  MUCH better than yesterday when it seemed like I'd have to start from scratch to get it to fit.

Don't forget the antenna backing plate which goes here.

Looking up at the luggage door assembly where the shim goes.  I measured the space and I found that if I flipped over my homemade shim it would fit perfectly.

And the frame is done.  The hinge assembly at the bottom is not riveted in place yet, but will be done in the next step.

Door fits nice, but as per the manual it will need to be bent to conform to the outline of the fuselage.

No comments:

Post a Comment