Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, January 13, 2019

1 hr. on the brake lines.

Returned late last night from a bit of a week-long family emergency, so didn't have much energy to work long on the plane today.  Besides the fact that the garage was fairly cold since it was in the 20's outside...

Working with parts sent by Steve @ Aircraft Specialty I worked on mocking up the complete brake system.  Here are the fittings for the brake fluid reservoir.

Current fittings to be removed.

Have I mentioned I don't like hex heads?  That remaining one stripped easily...

So I drilled it out... :-)

Hmm...  These AN fittings don't screw into the parking brake valve.  They go no more than 1 or 2 threads in, so I assume they are not the correct type.  The type that was in there before is on the right.  Straight vs. tapered issue?

These fit.  Quick test fit here, so they are not tightened at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment