Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, January 27, 2019

3 hrs. misc.

Got 2 of the 3 hoses I need (I need to send the mock-up measurement for the 3rd, which is to the brake reservoir).  Nicely done!

Put the NPT fittings in the brake cylinder.  According to the torquing guide (I'm going to make a page for torquing and put the info there) these get finger tightened and then 1.5 turns more (it says a range of 1.5 to 3, but no way I wanted to go past 1.5 since that seemed quite tight).  Loctite 567 was applied.

These flared fittings get finger tightened and then plus 1/4 turn (which was hard to get to).

Just a test fit of the other hose to the valve.

Connecting up the Tee.  Hard to tighten these without some mechanical advantage - otherwise you'd never get it past the finger-tight stage.

Tightening the hose to the valve.

Since I finally had the correct nut, I was able to install the dimmer.

Put the fitting on the reservoir.

I'll use a straight fitting here.

Put one of the NPT fittings in.  Very hard to get it to the 1.5 turns past finger-tight.

Looks like I can use the supplied cover, just need to drill new holes for the screws.

I don't tire looking into the lit up cockpit. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment