Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Sling Central update:

I have installed the parachute deployment cable, the parachute itself is in its compartment and connected to the airframe cables. The rocket is still not in and I am going to just install the container until paint is finished.

Wiring is getting close. I still have to connect some of the airframe wiring to the middle connector which I'm calling C234 because it's really a combination of everything left that wont fit in C1 or C5. C1 is mostly engine instrumentation and C5 is mostly airframe wiring. I also have to finish wiring up the DB15 connectors for the autopilot servos. And there are a handful of sensors/wires on the engine left to connect to C1. Pretty hopeful that early next week the panel will be sitting on the airplane again plugged in this time and ready for a functional test. Pinning connectors always seems to take longer than it should but we don't have much left. Also tidying up things in the cabin. Zip tying wires and cables and adding grommets so things don't rub. Spoke with the DAR and he needs me to fill out the 51% spreadsheet which is easy but I may have some questions to make sure I get your contribution right. Supposed to have an update from paint on Monday so hoping to get you pics of that soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment