Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Took me a few days to get to this since I've been sick with bronchitis.  Still sick actually, but on the mend now.

As part of their update they complained a bit about the tedious nature of using connectors to do the wiring.  Yes, it's tedious for sure because you have to do at least twice as many crimps/connections for each wire.  But, the alternative of hard wiring each wire after the panel is in, I think, is much more difficult.  That's because trying to get under that panel to do all that wiring is darn near impossible.  I tried.  Extremely painful to even try - and I'm a pretty compact guy....

So, yes, it's extra tedious now (most of which is comfortably on a bench), but when they go to put in the dash/panel, it's going to be really nice to just plug those connectors together.

Now, I suppose if you've bought completely pre-made harnesses for all your wiring, this all doesn't apply.  I didn't, though I probably should have...

On a different note, no doubt you've heard about the devastating fires in Australia.  If you'd like to donate to help out, here's an article where you can find out all the places you can.

Sling Central update:

All fuselage wires are routed to where they go and some of them have been secured to the structure completely but most have been secured into bundles. Some have been cut to their final length but a lot still have extra. Antenna wires are routed but I had to order some TNC connectors for the Garmin radio connections. For some reason Garmin uses some threaded and some bayonet. Anyway, I ordered what I needed and it shows up Monday. On the panel I am working on populating the DB connectors completely and then I can finish the XRC connectors and be ready to drop it all in. I worked on the parachute but forgot to take pictures so I'll do that Monday. I have to route the cable from the rocket to the handle and attach the shackle that will carry the aircraft weight. Then rivet on the cover. The wings are being prepped for paint. They received the colors and the white was mixed improperly so it was sent back and is being redone. I'm going to fly over to the paint shop next week to get a look and take pictures. He said they are being alodined, primed, then painted white, then the stencils will be applied for color. I'm super excited to see the paint. I believe we will have the fuselage ready to paint by the time he is finished with the wings so the timing will be perfect.







No comments:

Post a Comment