Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Great flight yesterday!  Both the fuel pressure and flow sensors are working perfectly and no leaks at all.  Yay!...

But, of course, I saw a discussion on Facebook (Sling Airplane Enthusiasts group) yesterday about maximum MAP on takeoff (over the gate) and came to find that what I'm reading in my plane on takeoff is over the Rotax spec'ed maximum...  Why does it always seem that there's something that I need to look into...

The spec'ed maximum is 39.9 inches and I read 41.5.  When I was picking up the plane in Oklahoma nobody expressed any concern about the fact that it was flashing red - the implication being that it was normal when over the gate.  No it's not.  It shouldn't be much over 39.9, if at all.

I'm using the correct sensor, the G3X has the right sensor selected and it reads the correct atmospheric pressure when the engine is off.  So, I think it's a correct reading.

There are no TCU lights illuminated and apparently the TCU has it's own pressure sensor, so it doesn't seem to think there's an issue.  So, what's, what?

Was my TCU never set up properly down in Oklahoma?  That wouldn't be shocking...

Kind of disheartening....

Anyway, here's a video of one of my circuits around the pattern yesterday (you can actually see it flashing red during the takeoff and climbout).

No comments:

Post a Comment