Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, November 27, 2016

1 hr. finishing up the transponder/ADS-B antenna backing plate.

Since I don't have a big enough drill bit I had to grind it to size.  So, I made an appropriate sized template to draw the hole size on the plate.  I carefully measured the distance to the mounting holes so that it would be properly placed.

Hole drawn (slightly large so that I have some wiggle room).

My grinding tool.

And it's done!  Lots of vacuuming of aluminum shards was necessary....

I knew there would be lots of debris under the plate (there's a space) I slid several pieces of duct tape under it to get it out.  Worked perfectly.  When I mount the antenna I will use washers to bridge the gap of the mounting bolts and it will be mounted nice and tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment