Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, July 31, 2017

Great time at Oshkosh!  Hung out with lots of Slingers, including Bob and his wife Joan.  Also got some new Sling Bling (a new hat).

Met and had a long conversation with Stein Bruch of SteinAir.com.  I'm definitely going to go with them to build my panel.  They're the big kahuna of panel building, and there's a reason:  They know what they're talking about and do a great job.  He said that they have a lead time right now of about 6 months from first quote to shipping the panel, so I'm starting to put together all the info they need to quote me the panel.  Once I'm done with that info I will post it here as it will be useful for other builders.

Stein advised me to not go with the first generation of the PPS from Vertical Power.  Very expensive ($1500!) and not clear that it's a big win over the $100 worth of traditional parts it would be replacing.  He did though totally endorse using the Vertical Power VP-X Pro which I already own.  They will completely wire that up as part of the panel build.

Bought my antennas and magnetometer from Aircraft Spruce while I was there, so those should be arriving in a couple of days.

Also, I was advised by TAF to get my order in for the Rotax 915 now...  They've already got a list of builders that want it.

Here's some pics from the show:

Me and some friends.  All smiles when near airplanes!

"Bombing run" as part of the night airshow.

B-2B screaming by!!

:-)

Beech Staggerwing.

Me and friend Steve sitting in the Sling 4.

In the Garmin booth, a view of the back of a G3X panel.

External GPS antenna.

Blue Angels!

One of my favorite stops in Oshkosh!  Leon's Frozen Custard. :-b

No comments:

Post a Comment