Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

1 hr. misc.  I'm being slowed down a bit because I'm waiting for some rear fuselage parts to arrive from South Africa...

I made a test piece for some further testing of my spackling method of rivet filling.  This piece has 3.2mm and 4.0mm rivets.

Applied with the applicator on the right and wiped off with paper towel (maybe I'd get a slightly better result wiping off with something less absorbent?).  After it's thoroughly dry I'll sand off 1 of each size to see if it makes any visible difference when I prime paint it.  I'm thinking little visible difference.  Right now it's in the freezer overnight.  Tomorrow I'll put it in the toaster oven and see how it fairs.  Am I taking this testing too far? ;-)  Did I mention no mixing and probably no sanding!! :-D

I've tried various edge grommet materials I had on hand and recently bought and none fits well for lining the seat belt opening...  Anybody have any pointers to something that worked for them?  It's roughly between 1/8" and 1/4" thick that it needs to fit over and it needs to be able to make a sharp bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment