Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, October 23, 2017

I was advised that some other materials (e.g. nylon) have a wider temp range than polyethylene, so I did some research and right now I'm thinking about flame retardant polypropylene for the wire loom.  Info here.  It's got a wider temp range than nylon (which is wider than polyethylene) and will self-extinguish.

Available on Amazon here.

I'll let you all know about my final decision.

2 comments:

  1. Another consideration is that wire amperage usually gets derated when you put it in a conduit.
    Don't know how much current some of these wires are carrying but putting in conduit will definitely
    cause any heat generation to be exacerbated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all low current, so I'm not concerned.

      Delete