Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, September 8, 2018

5 hrs. on misc.

2 hrs. of it were cleaning/organizing the garage since it was starting to get disorganized by my standards (it was also a bit disorganized because of the move on to the wheels).

With the new holes the spat covers now fit.  I need to order something before I can easily locate the bracket holes, so once I have that I'll get back to this and show you my plan.

I think I found my missing nose wheel pushrod bushings in this unlabeled package.  Look right?

I decided to try and figure out why I couldn't get the 3rd Dzus fastener in on the rear seat. I found that the rear seat has a rivet tail out near the end of the seat....

... that was not matched by a hole in the cross brace in the fuselage.  All the other rivet tails have matching holes except the end ones.  But, after measuring I could see that the necessary hole would be too close to that rivet on the end (left side)...

... So for now I just drilled out that rivet to test the theory that the rivet tail was preventing the seat from going back far enough to engage the Dzus fastener....

...and voila, it worked! :-)

I saw that JimP had elongated the seat belt guides, but I misunderstood what he was talking about.  It is not these slots, it is the guide/slot in the fiberglass of the canopy.  So, when I get to that point I'll note it here.

Starting to read up on and gather parts for the canopy install.  I did note that this page indicates riveting the canopy, but then mentions in a later step to use Sikaflex before riveting...  Um, I'll guess that's a mistake and I'll apply the Sikaflex before riveting...  Advice from others: Use LOTS of painter's tape on all the surfaces near where you'll be using the Sikaflex, wear clothing you intend to throw out and have ready lots of latex gloves to keep the Sikaflex (evil stuff!) off your skin.

And the necessary chemicals have arrived and with all good expiration dates.



No comments:

Post a Comment