Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Quick hour to drill more holes for the rear backing strip.

Drilling holes into the backing strip (3.2mm drill bit) one at a time.  Slow process as I have to hold a wood block to push against as I drill each hole and cleco it.  Lots of holes...

After all these holes are drilled I'll bond the strip in place with RTV.  Then all the holes along the rear of the canopy will be sized to 4mm with a chucking reamer.  With that done it will finally be time to permanently attach the canopy this weekend. :-D  Oh, I do need to drill the extra holes along the bend on the sides of the canopy.  I've seen several other builders do that because of the possibility of the skin bulging out due to the Sikaflex.

No comments:

Post a Comment