Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, March 16, 2019

3 hrs. on the interior.

A bit of bending and jiggling of the front side panel is required to get it positioned.  It's not quite there in this photo.

I notice that the rudder pedal can touch the side panel, so I need to make sure it's screwed down up there (factory photos don't show where it's connected in that area).

Like my head shadow? 😜  Trying to position the panels as much like the factory photos as possible.

The back of the rear side panel has the holes marked, but I notice it's not really precise...

So I measured them to be consistent all the way across.  10mm from the edge and roughly 70mm between.

Holes drilled and screw test fit through.

Making sure they stay lined up and in position.

Again, checking and rechecking the position vs. the factory photos and between each side.

Checking the clearance.

After being convinced it was properly position it was time to drill.  Started near the seat belt and worked back and forward from there.

Working my way forward...

Again, tried to match what I could see in the factory photos.

Drill, drill, drill....

This area I can't see in the factory photos, but this seems like another good place to pin it down.

These two spots seem like good choice to make sure the panel is pinned against the skin.  Careful with these (and all really) holes when you drill, that you're only drilling through the inner skins....  You do not want to penetrate the outer skin....

That bottom one I can't/don't see in the factory photos, but the side panel sticks out down there if you don't pin it down.  Tomorrow I'll put in all the M4 rivnuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment