Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, March 17, 2019

3 hrs. on the interior.

Have I mentioned that you have to do a lot of vacuuming?  Well, you do...  Lots of debris to keep up with....  A portable vacuum works well.  I use ear protection when I'm using it in the cockpit since it can be quite loud.

See the debris... 😁  From reaming it out first to M3 then M4 rivnut size.

Rivnuts in...  BTW, I don't deburr these holes because I think it's actually good to leave burrs on holes for rivnuts - something to dig into the rivnuts to make it less likely they'll ever rotate.  FYI: It's a pretty hard pull to get the rivnuts in the fiberglass.

Don't forget the Loctite 277!

A test of pulling of a rivnut to make sure it's not too little or too much.

After all the rivnuts were in I put in the panels and then the rear seat (at least temporarily).  View from the back. 👌

Me. 😁

Nice view.  For now I only put in every other screw for the rear panels.

Starting to look pretty comfortable...

No comments:

Post a Comment