Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

1 hr not making much actual progress...

Trying to figure out if I can just move the fuel pump clamps to accommodate the fuel pump cover.  So far, no luck....  Peering down you can see how that clamps hit the cover, preventing you from being able to get the cover close enough to the firewall to screw it in.  I think I'm going to defer this for now...

Contemplating where to put the fuel flow sensor...  And still be able to use the pipe cutter to cut the line.

With the line connecting at both ends it's tough to get it all the way around to make the cut.

But, disconnecting it at the regulator end allows the cutter to go all the way and make the cut....

... but.... This line is quite thick, so I'm not sure how that can be used with a compression fitting.  Can it??  Oh, and I discovered that the line is 5mm and the fitting I have is 3/16" - in other words, it doesn't fit....  Two strikes...

...So, do I go back to the original (what's in the manual) plan of brazing on this fitting?... 😒

No comments:

Post a Comment