Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, December 29, 2014

1.5 hr drilling and some riveting of aileron parts.

The 2 small holes on the rib and the nut plate have to be drilled out to fit a 3.2mm rivet (that is not mentioned in the instructions).  I used my chucking reamers (#31 and then the #30) to do the job.

EDIT: I think I was mistaken here.  There are smaller 2.4mm rivets for just this purpose.  I don't think there's an issue with using the larger rivets, but I would have appreciated a note in the instructions that there are smaller special rivets in the kit for this because it was the first time needing them and I wasn't aware of them (I suppose I should have been...).


Cleco'ing of aileron ribs.

Cleco'ing of flap ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment