Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, March 15, 2015

After reading an article on electrical wiring in Kitplanes Magazine I decided to bundle my wires using waxed lacing cord and not cable ties (mostly.  I'll likely do something else firewall forward).  They're just neater looking and a classic way to bundle.

Here's a some British guy explaining all about how to use waxed lacing cord!



I bought this cordHere's the technique explained on the AeroElectric Connection (run by electrical guru Bob Nuckolls) website (the definitive source of aircraft electric system design!).  Check the great articles here.

Also, his (Bob Nuckolls) book, The AeroElectric Connection, is considered the book of aircraft electrical system design (I'm reading it now) and you can either buy the printed version or download the pdf for FREE.  Look midway down on this page and you'll see where you can download it.



I also bought a 12V battery for testing of the various lights and electronics.  I got this.

Fun fun! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment