Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, July 17, 2015

3 hrs. ProSealing....  Well, I can't say what I did today was fun....  Mostly frustrating.  Using ProSeal is like trying to paint a portrait with your thumb using Salt Water Taffy...

Trying to use syringes for measuring and laying down a line of sealant was a total fail.  I found using spatulas much easier.

You go into this thinking your work will be all easy and neat.  Forget it.  It's a mess doing this.

Made my syringes (so hopeful...)

For my first rib I put a line of sealant on the skin (and rib flange), which I found difficult, so I abandoned that approach and just spread the sealant on the skin side of the rib flanges and that was much easier.  Kind of like icing a cake.  After I put that on I put the rib in place and cleco'ed it in.  All holes cleco'ed.

Close-up view.  I used my finger to create the filet, but using a popsicle type stick will be easier.  I will rivet the holes on Sunday.

It's a mess dealing with ProSeal...  Once I had my procedure down, it wasn't so bad, but still not fun...

All cleco'ed up.  Still need to apply sealant around all the places where the flanges meet the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment