Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, November 30, 2019

I've renamed the "Paint" tab of the hours spreadsheet to "Sling Central" and I will just put all their hours there.

Their update:

Received propeller and parachute so I started working harder on things in front of the firewall. Assembled propeller, installed it on the engine. Test fit the cowling, trimmed the air inlet on the left side of the airplane to clear the alternator. Began marking to trim the cowl to fit the firewall. Wanted to be sure that there were no clearance issues before cutting too much so I installed the exhaust pipe, coolant lines, radiator, oil cooler, and as many oil lines as I could. Noticed the oil lines are 12mm ID and the fittings are 1/2". Hoses don't want to fit on them so I'm ordering some 1/2" hoses appropriate for Rotax oil applications. Installed the oil tank and oil thermostat. Installed EGT probes. Trying to get everything on the engine that might cause interference with the cowling. Everything seems to be fitting fine. Painter came and looked at the wings and templates. He noticed a few minor issues with some filler on the wings so I've been working on fixing those. Just applying a little light weight filler to fix pin holes or rough areas and sanding.





I like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment