Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, May 25, 2020

I built a circuit that will allow me to record the audio from my headset in the plane.  You can buy these things but it's much cheaper to build one.

A bit of Googling got me the proper circuit for making the connection.

Ordered all the necessary parts from Amazon.  I have extra of all the parts so let me know if you'd like some.

Mounted...

Cut to size with diag cutters

Looks just like the diagram. 😁

Just wrapped the proper leads together and soldered.  Added some heat shrink.

Had some large heat shrink tubing to wrap the whole thing.

With a piece of tie wrap in the back to act as a strain relief I wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape.

Maybe not beautiful, but it'll do.  I tested it with my flight sim setup and recorded on my iPhone - worked perfectly with crystal clear audio.  The connector/wiring I had for the headset end has a splitter built-in, so it just sits in-line.

2 comments:

  1. FAA does this for you :) although a little hard to retrieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hope they never are replaying a recording for my benefit. ;-)

      Delete