Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Went down to Oklahoma for the sign-off, but we weren't able to get completely to engine start, which the DAR wants to see.  Close, but no cigar.

The good news is that I won't have to go down again for the sign-off, though he started off from that position.  I changed his mind... Whew...

Can't say I was thrilled to be flying on an airliner these days.  My mask setup is pretty good though.  ASTM Level 2 surgical mask is actually better filtration than an N95 mask and much easier to breathe through.  To get the true protection though, you need to seal the edge gaps and that's what the rubber bands are for.  Works great!

Looked even better in person!

My 2020 Sling 4 shares the hanger with this sweet 1956 Cessna 172.

The panel all lit up.  COM radios work!

Installing the wing fairings.  With a review of the remaining tasks, it looks like about a week to engine start.

4 comments:

  1. Of course, an engine start is NOT a requirement for an E/AB sign-off! Just tough to fight city hall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see a stick on the right side - did you make it removable? I'd like to do that, to get it out of the way of non-pilot right-seat passengers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the right stick is not removable. Just not visible in the picture (or it might have been out temporarily, I don't remember).

      Delete
  3. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing the information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!!!

    General contractors in Cape Coral
    Top Home Builders in Cape Coral
    Affordable Home Builders in Bonita Springs

    ReplyDelete