Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, December 7, 2020

Went over to the hangar tonight to check the alignment between the rudder and nosewheel and they definitely seem off a bit.

While the rudder shows a bit right (this is just how it ended up when I pushed it back)...

...the nosewheel shows a bit left...  At least eyeballing it with the towbar attached.  This means if the rudder were straight, the nosewheel would be even more left and pulling the nose left - hence the need for heavy right rudder in flight.  I may need help to do this, but the next chance I get I'll lift the nose (maybe not necessary) so I can straighten the rudder then I'll use some attached laser pointers to see how the nosewheel points.  Then I'll adjust the nosewheel pushrods to get it perfectly straight.  I didn't do any of the rigging - otherwise, it would have already been perfect... ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment