Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Well, the weather has really sucked these past several months.  I'm flying whenever it's been flyable, though mostly with my CFII to keep my instrument training moving along.

One thing I've noticed for a while is nosewheel vibration on climbout.  Just lasts for 20 seconds or so and I've just assumed it was some kind of aerodynamic thing at that speed and pitch.  I posted about it on Facebook and several people said it was more likely that the nose wheel was out of balance.  So, I looked into that a few days ago.

Pants off...


It took about 200+ lbs of rocks to hold the nose wheel up.  Pretty hilarious contraption...  But, it worked.

Several spins of the wheel showed there definitely was a heavy side.  I marked it with a pencil.

First I tried 1/2 oz on the opposite side, but that wasn't enough.  A second 1/2 oz weight did the trick.  Got these.  Hopefully will fly over the next few days to confirm, but I'm sure that was it.


No comments:

Post a Comment