Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, June 27, 2022

Went for a flight a couple of days ago and the oil temperature went through the roof (redline!).  It also happened a couple of flights ago.  It was 75F outside, so not crazy hot.

The only new thing is that I did an oil change about 5 flight hours ago using all standard Rotax parts and procedures.  Oil pressure is perfectly normal for the whole flight.  I did notice when viewing the video after the flight that one of the CHT measurements seems kind of wacky.

Some people on Rotax-owner.com said that the oil temperature was changing way too fast for that to be real.  Agree?  Thoughts?  The weather has finally gotten nice here, so I want to fly!

I'd really appreciate any ideas you'd have on this.  I sent this to Dean at Lockwood, but haven't heard back.

Full flight video:

No comments:

Post a Comment