Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Thursday, December 1, 2016

2 hrs. working on the joystick and the aileron autopilot pushrod.

Got this great light recently (finally).  It's USB powered.  Helps so much to have good light on the subject!

Clipping on the joystick mounting bracket so I can make sure all is lined up well.

Sliding in the bolt.  I don't know if this was just popular in the US, but a game I played when I was a kid was called Operation.  I was pretty good at it - which is a good thing because those skills are coming in handy again!  Pretty tight space to work in!

My ad-hoc method to get washers in.

Works great!

And the manual calls for a AN3-11A bolt - which, despite my large inventory of bolts, I don't have...  -10 on the left, too short...  -12 on the right, too long...  Sigh...  Off to Aircraft Spruce to buy some bolts...  I think I'll order a few -8's and -9's which I also don't have, just in case.

Now that I'm satisfied the joystick lines up well, it's time to rivet the sleeves in place.  I taped the sleeve in place, so it wouldn't move and I used a spring-loaded punch to mark the spot (doesn't need to be a precise location).

Pilot hole with a very small bit, then a slightly bigger drill bit, then the 3.2mm reamer to size it.

Sized and cleco'ed.

All the holes sized, I moved the sleeve out of the way to clear any debris, then it was time to rivet.

And it's done!

And this is the other stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment