Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, December 2, 2016

2 hrs. mounting the joysticks and counting work on the torque tubes/pushrods.

I was wondering if I'd ever use this tool...  There was no way my hand was going to get in there to hold the nut and washer.  This tool was perfect for the task.  It doesn't mention using thread locker in the manual, but it seemed like a good idea to use some, so I used Loctite 243.

All in place.

Time to rivet the sleeves for the elevator torque tube, so I clamped it down in position.

Was only able to get 2 rivets on each side's sleeve due to the limited rotation range.  Should be fine.

Put the control stick elevator pushrods in place.  I want to make sure it's OK to put these in now (and the other center fuselage pushrods (I suspect yes).

No comments:

Post a Comment