Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

1 hr. misc.

Factory answered a question yesterday and sent some photos...  Where I noticed that at the factory the flange of this wing root plate is tucked inside the bottom skin, not over it like I have it...  So, I asked the factory and they said it doesn't matter since it's covered by the bottom wing skin (which I confirmed).  Whew...  That would have been a major pain to de-rivet that...
Wish that was mentioned in the manual (no drawings show that either)....

Jim Pavlick mentioned that this hole needs to fit an AN6 bolt for a parachute cable.  Another thing I wish was mentioned in the manual before I put the side skins on.

Does the bolt go through on this side too?  It's not drilled though at all and I can't see how a nut could fit on there with the channel in the way.  Hope not.

Using the only tool that can fit, my Tight Fit Drill Kit.  Since it's a drill and not a grinder this is going to take a while...  After 20+ minutes of trying, a AN6 bolt isn't close to fitting through.  Maybe I'll try my Dremel with an attachment of some sort.

While taking a break from grinding, I put edge grommet on the seat belt guides.

I was going to purchase an OAT probe to fit in my left side NACA duct, when I realized I already had one...

Anybody know what these bolts are for?  They've been on my bench near my seat belt parts for a while, but I don't recall what they're for.

No comments:

Post a Comment