Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, April 15, 2018

3 hr. soundproofing, moving the panel and contemplating my navel...

More soundproofing done (on both sides).  Will hold off on finishing it until I get the seat belt reel installed and the parachute bolt hole reamed out to size.

Installed brackets on the board so it doesn't slide back when I'm sitting on it.

Looking good.  Despite being an EE, I can't say I'm looking forward to connecting all those wires to the panel...

Moved the panel to a new table I bought (to clear off my main work bench) and started to connect up the VP-X.  Need to confirm how I connect my power supply before I do it wrong and fry something...  I know I have to connect power to the lug in the upper right and my panel builder at Stein say I have to strip all those black wires on the left and connect all those to ground.  But, what about those white wires that are bundled with them?  And there's one that has a connector on it, what's that for?  EDIT: I heard back from Mike at SteinAir - The white wires are also ground and the one with the connector is also ground, he just forgot to clip that off.

No comments:

Post a Comment