Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, October 16, 2015

1 hr. pulling plastic and trying out the filler for the rivet holes.

The right side leading edge plastic took less than 5 minutes.  The left side, shown here....  1 hr....  It's one or the other with plastic on the skins.  The extra sticky are a test of one's patience...

Mixed up a small batch of the Bondo brand body filler I got today to try out the rivet filling.  Goes on quick... and dries quick too.  I only mixed a batch half the size of a golf ball and it dried to the point of un-usability before I got halfway through it.  On Sunday I'll sand it off and pull the tape and it should be perfect.  I'll just have to be mixing tiny batches over and over in order to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment