Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, October 12, 2015

3 hrs. cleco'ing on the bottom skins and testing out a method for filling rivets told to me by Jean at the The Airplane Factory USA.

A little side project to build a Stratus 2 (ADS-B Receiver, GPS and AHRS) clone for less than $150.  The Stratus 2 is $900... ;-)  I'll power it up tonight.

The outside surfaces won't be primed until the plane is ready to be painted, but some parts of the skins go under others, so I applied primer (Cortec 373) by brush to those places.

The other overlapping strip on the bottom skins.

I tried a method of filling rivets recommended by Jean at TAF and it worked great!  Just put a strip of painter's tape over the rivets and sand off the tops.  The rivets pop through in seconds!  Deciding what to fill them with and then I'll give it a shot.  I like efficient!

Bottom skins all cleco'ed on and ready to be riveted.

NEXT SESSION:
  1. Start riveting bottom skins on!

No comments:

Post a Comment