Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, June 13, 2016

1 hr. drilling out and riveting the gusset on Rib 3.

Here's the gusset attachment to be drilled through now that the skins are cleco'ed into place.

Thought I'd use my Tight-Fit drill attachment, but I still really couldn't get in there to drill a proper hole.  So, I tried this extra long drill bit and it worked perfectly.

Drilled one hole, reamed it out to size and cleco'ed it while I drilled the other holes.

And it's done! :-)

As I've been alerted not to rivet where the step gets attached, I'm trying to understand which rivets exactly not to rivet.  If I read the Sling 2 instructions correctly it would be the center holes around where the top arrow points (maybe the center 6 rivets?) and the corresponding line of holes underneath where the lower arrow is pointing.  Look right?

NEXT TASKS:
  1. Rivet the rear skins on.
  2. Rivet the one on the left wing's step rib that needs special handling.?? (to be done in "spare" time).

No comments:

Post a Comment