Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

1.5 hrs. on rudder pedals and parachute tang/engine mount.

Got a service bulletin regarding the rear fuselage.  Seems to only apply if Rib 601 is thinner material than .8mm (.64mm), but mine is a bit over .8mm, so it doesn't seem to apply.

Curiously my kit came with a plate that fits on that rib (though there aren't holes in the rib to rivet it), so I wonder if I should reinforce that rib to avoid future problems?  Time to ask the factory....

Turns out the Sling 4 manual is wrong about the bolt installation for the rudder pedals (the Sling 2 manual is correct), so I reversed the bolts.

Yup, this is how it should work.

Had to do a good bit of reaming in order to get these bolts in.  Even still it required a lot of wrenching and banging with a hammer to get it all the way in...

Sometimes you need to push at the same time as wrenching (as in the case of the aforementioned bolts), so I use a shallow socket in which I put a nut to make it even shallower.  Now I can push and wrench at the same time.

Done!  The other bolt will be done when I install the engine mount.

Found this video of EdgePerformance testing a 912 with their fuel injection mod (though I don't think it has the turbocharger.



2 comments:

  1. I think there is a cable for the parachute that mounts to that bracket. I believe the looped end is already done on the cable so you might need to remove that bracket to install the cable. I was going to check with the factory on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. If you could let me know what the factory says I'd appreciate it. Annoying that the manual makes no mention of this. I guess I was assuming that it would clip in. :-/

      Delete