Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, November 3, 2017

1.5 hrs. fixing the magnetometer mount and mounting it.

Well, the overly soft aluminum rivnuts didn't hold, so it was time to remove them....

This time I'm adding a backing plate like Peter did.

Ready!

Fortunately I had recently bought Type 304 (non-magnetic) Stainless Steel rivnuts and I know these will hold...

Hard to pull (as opposed to the aluminum) and holding super tight.

Test fit looks good.

Time to go into the fuselage.  Taping it down so it stays perfectly aligned with the rib edge.

My collection of chucking reamer bits.

Drilled...

In case you don't think you need to clean up under the part...

Need to be deburred.

Deburred and cleaned up.

And it's in!  Don't forget those bottom three come up from the bottom.

Installed (I used medium-strength Loctite on the bolts) and ready for the cable!  Which I need to build up...

No comments:

Post a Comment