Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Well, didn't work on the plane today, but I did try a new cool free app, FlyQ Insight.  It's an augmented reality app that you use when you're flying and it shows you where airports are in your field of vision.

Here's a screen shot of it when I was testing it while in my bedroom.  I can see my local airport (where I'll be storing my Sling), 6B6.  You can see it's 3nm beyond my dresser. :-)


They need to fix the symbol for 6B6 because there's no longer a crossing runway...

4 comments:

  1. What am I suppose to see in this picture? All I see is the dresser in your bedroom and
    a couple of blue rectangles with arrows pointing down at the top of the dresser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, imagine if you're up in the air and looking through your iPhone. In that case it's pointing down to the airport locations (which is pretty cool). The picture above is accurate in terms of the locations of the airports, it's just not useful to know this from the perspective of my bed. ;-)

      Delete
  2. 6B6 does still have a crossing runway. It's just closed at the moment. As soon as the construction tailings are removed he plans to regrade and replant it to make it active again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, OK. I thought someone told me that the new hangers would preclude reopening that runway.

      Delete