Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Monday, June 11, 2018

1.5 hrs. on misc.

I was advised that the Mid-West Sling rep switched to using CamLoc fasteners for the cowling instead of the Dzus, so I'm going to look into that further.  Those fasteners look more robust than the Dzus.

But, I'll stick to using Dzus for the rear seat, so since I know how they attach, I'll put in those fasteners.  Countersinking for the rivets.

Spring (is that what it's called?) cleco'ed in place.

And all 3 done!  I'm borrowing a Dzus grommet squeezer, so when that arrives I'll do the seat side of the fasteners.

Starting to finally dig into my firewall-forward sub-kit box and I found another roll of firewall heat shield material.  This one is labeled (vs. the one I posted yesterday, which wasn't) and looks to be in better shape, so I'll go with this.


My next step is to empty the FF sub-kit box and pick out all the parts that attach to the firewall, so I can start to put in the fasteners.  Once all the fasteners are in the firewall then I can paint the fire-resistant paint on and then apply the heat shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment