Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Sunday, June 10, 2018

2 hrs. on the firewall.

Continued the prep process on the firewall.  Today I cleaned it thoroughly with a mild solution of ammonia in hot water (dried it after), then I sanded it down as best I could with 220 grit sandpaper.  Then I washed it again with the ammonia to remove all the sanding debris.  Did that twice and that definitely removed all the dust from the sanding.  After that was dry I painted on a layer of the Cortec primer.  Tomorrow I'll do another coat of that.

I assume this is the firewall material I'll be applying.  Thicker than I realized.  Boy, with all the thick layers of material between the engine and the cockpit, will I even hear the engine? ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Engine - No; Prop - Yes
    Unless the engine isn't running :)

    ReplyDelete