Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, June 9, 2018

2 hrs. working on the landing gear and firewall.

Sanding down the fiberglass...  I wore a mask - you don't want to breathe that stuff!  But, I stupidly did not wear gloves because I thought I wasn't going to touch it too much.  Well, I got a bunch of tiny fibers in my hands...  Shouldn't be too difficult to remove (at least according to Google), but I won't make that mistake again.

Starting the prep of the firewall for applying the fire-resistant paint.  I used a solution of very hot water and Extreme Simply Green to wash it, then I rinsed it with straight hot water.  It supposed to dry for a few hours (not sure why it would take so long...), so I'll continue tomorrow with the cleaning with a weak solution of ammonia and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment