Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Saturday, November 10, 2018

1.5 hrs. mostly on the dash.

I uncleco'ed the dash and moved it up to my new understanding of the position.  Which is....

...this.  20 mm from the top of the interior skin to the indicated corner of the dash.

With that held in position I started to drill and cleco.  Before getting too far I confirmed that the line up with the center console was good.

All cleco'ed in place and this fits like a glove.

Some holes I could use the same dash hole, but for most I moved over about a 1/4" to drill an all-new hole (because it was too close to the old hole in the skin).  Doesn't matter that that hole is visible here because it gets covered later by the exterior fiberglass piece which covers the bottom of the windscreen.

Like!

I was told it's better to start the install process of the fuel switch sooner rather than later (thanks Bob!), so I'll start that process when I take the dash back off soon.

I saw on Jim's blog that there is a newer gascolator to consider, so I'll look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment