Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, November 2, 2018

2 hrs. on the dash.

My order for various gauges of wire (Tefzel) arrived.

After trying several methods to try and remove the screw, none worked, so I ended up drilling off the head.

Some of the tools I used to remove the screw - didn't work...

Even filed notches in my narrow-nosed locking pliers - didn't work...

Removing two of the problem rivnuts ended up slightly enlarging the holes and being concerned that the new rivnuts wouldn't fit tight I decided to upsize them to M5's.  With that I enlarged the corresponding holes in the panel.

Is this the double-sided tape that's supposed to go under the lip of the dash?  Seems to be except it's not double-sided, but only one side is sticky.

Well, I put it in.  If it's not the right stuff I can strip it off.  Seems right though because I assume it's for sealing the seam and this stuff would do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment