Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Friday, November 16, 2018

1.5 hrs. in the cockpit.

I wanted to check how the side panel fits with the throttle assembly in place (probably should have had it in place while I was locating and fitting all this...).  But, it fits just fine.  One thing is clear though is that the side panels further up will need to be installed before the dash goes back in.  As I've mentioned before it's difficult to get up there with the dash in place.

Now to cut down the stick.  A bit agonizing because I didn't want to get this "wrong."  Held it in place based on what I've seen in other Sling cockpits and in consultation with Midwest Sky Sports who made the grips (they build Slings if you're not aware, so they know how they should fit).  The metric I understood was the center of your hand grip was just below the lip of the dash.  With that I determined that I needed to cut 105mm down from the top (your mileage will vary if you have different grips).

First I tried this...  Which was slow...  Then I realized I had a pipe cutter that might work just fine.

Much easier!

I did quickly realize that it could mar the stick so I put a couple of layers of painter's tape just below the cut.

Quickly cut and quickly checked!  Seems perfect.

Nice!

Since that was so easy I cut the other stick too.

Cut in less than 5 minutes.

I'll have to drill a hole in the front of the stick to accommodate the set screw.

Like!  Tomorrow the dash and throttle assembly are taken off and put aside for awhile...  I also learned (thanks Simon!) that the interior plastic panels (which fit under the dash on the side) should be done before the dash is put in permanently.  I'll update the Task List with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment