Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Categories

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

1.5 wiring up the front seat headset jacks.

Glad I hadn't riveted in the center console yet since the wiring is way easier on the bench.  The holes for the jacks are already there.  Just have to drill through the leather.

Looking at the diagram on Stein's I labeled the connector lugs on the microphone and headphone jacks.  Here are Ring and Barrel.

Barrel and Tip.

I noticed that this diagram from Stein's was different from the previous one I posted, which was also a Stein's diagram.  I'll go with this one since this the more official looking diagram shown with the parts.  Note that the microphone and headphones have the tip and ring wiring swapped.

My collection of shrink tubing.

Starting the mass production of the 4 3-wire cables.

Heat shrink on, it's time to solder the wires to the lugs.

All soldered and shrink tubing shrunk.  Nice!  I'll install them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment